The West Virginia Energy Efficiency Program can assist small building and business owners by streamlining the process and providing tools and resources needed to overcome obstacles toward achieving energy efficiency. This begins with a free energy assessment to better identify the goals for your building and business, as well as, the paths for achieving those goals.
This assessment will:
- Identify low or no-cost energy saving opportunities
- Benchmark building energy performance
- Conduct an energy audit
- Discuss timing of upgrades and retrofits
- Estimate energy and cost savings potential
Loan funding by the WV Office of Energy for energy efficiency upgrade projects will be provided to credit worthy applicants who complete the energy assessment. The loan recipient will repay the loan through energy savings resulting from energy efficiency improvements. This loan program is now serving the entire state.
- West Virginia business/building owner applies for energy efficiency funding opportunity through Wyoming County EDA
- If selected the business will receive an energy assessment and report through WVOE to determine areas of improvement.
- Financing provided by the Wyoming County EDA through the WVOE to pay for energy efficiency upgrade project.
- Business owner repays loan resulting from energy savings.
Contact: Tiffany Bailey -WV Office of Energy 304-593-1836 of Christy Laxton – Wyoming County EDA 304-732-6706